Welcome!… you ambitious, entrepreneurial internet marketer you! lol
In this video I’ll show you how to make you image– your profile pic– appear next to your listing in the Google Search Results. You may have noticed lately that more and more people are making their listing more personal by having their image display along with their link on the search results page.
Certainly, the listing with an image attract the eye of the view with much more effectiveness.
Just follow the steps and you should come out the other end shining!
THINGS YOU WILL NEED:
Image of yourself which is square (not rectangular)
An “About” page on your blog (this whole process applied to WordPress)
At least one working side-bar or footer widget area on your blog
A Blogger.com account, using the same email address as you used for your Google +1 account.
1. Add your image to your Google +1 profile using the “Edit Profile” function.
2. Add your image to your Blogger.com profile (same image as you used on Google +1)
3. Add your Google +1 profile link to your blog sidebar or footer.
Your profile link will look like this: https://plus.google.com/114668424325609655299
Use the following code to put your link into a Text Widget in your Sidebar or Footer:
<a href=”Google Plus profile Link” rel=”author” target=”_blank”> Join me on Google+</a>
So, for my profile link it would look like this:
<a href=”https://plus.google.com/114668424325609655299″ rel=”author” target=”_blank”> Join me on Google+</a>
4. Create a link to your “About” page on your blog. This link should be added to your sidebar or footer widget.
Use this code:
<a rel=”author” href=”LINK-TO-YOUR-ABOUT-PAGE”>About</a>
So, mine would look like this:
<a rel=”author” href=”http://www.alancosens.com/about/”>About</a>
5. Add your image/profile pic to your “About” page at the top, left corner, 128 x 128 pixels in size.
6. Add your name to the first line of your “About” page. Turn your name into a link to your Google +1 Profile page, using this code:
<a rel=”me” href=”Google+Profile Link” title=”Your Name”>YourName</a>
So, mine would look like this:
<a rel=”me” href=”https://plus.google.com/114668424325609655299″ title=”Alan Cosens”>Alan</a>
7. Go back to your Google +1 Profile and Edit Profile ==> Contributor To ==> Add Custom Link ==> Type in the Title and the URLs to the appropriate fields ==> Save
8. Click “Photos” ==> Check the “Show This Tab On Your Profile” box ==> Save
9. Go to http://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/richsnippets and input your URL of your home page for your blog and click Preview.
You should see a message in green that says “Verified: Authorship markup is verified for this page“. This means you are good to go and your image should start appearing in the search results with your listing in a week or two.
10. (Optional) In some cases you may have to go to your Blog Dashboard ==> Users ==> Your Profile, and add your Google +1 Profile link to your profile. I have observed that in some cases I have had to do this and in others I have not… not sure why, perhaps a new update on Google’s end.
Now that you’ve got that all set up and you’re feeling all fancy and such…
Be sure to watch this presentation on how to work your way to $1000 per day, in a scientific, predictable way.